A school visit by a children’s book author and illustrator is an exciting way to promote literacy, spark a love for writing, and open a child’s eyes to the world of art. With that said, Danielle and Amy’s dynamic presentations are aimed at helping children tap into their own creativity.
Our Young Writers Workshop presentations are geared towards the specific grade level we are addressing. Our fun and interactive presentation is designed to meet the curricular needs of each school assembly. Our elementary school visits are different than those for middle schools and high schools. We love hosting Young Authors round tables as much as we love large energy-packed school assemblies.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
* A full introduction into the basic rules of writing
* A fun look at how everyday things and places are often our best sources for great characters and writing
* A behind-the-scenes look at how a book becomes a book
* An interactive story building exercise and wordplay that gets the student’s minds turning and bellies giggling
* A glimpse of the daily life of an author and illustrator
* Draw along with Amy as she teaches students how an illustrator works
* Lastly, a message to keep creating. As we always tell our readers and students, “Practice makes progress.”
* Our singular goal is to instill a lifelong love of reading and art in every student we have an opportunity to meet.
* Our presentation is done by PowerPoint and is roughly an hour long. Children will also want to bring along a piece of paper and pencil for the drawing portion of our presentation.
* After each presentation, we love to greet the students, offer books for purchase, and personalized book signings. Book purchase forms are provided to the students prior to our arrive.
WE LOVE TO TRAVEL! No place is too far! If travel arrangements cannot be made, we are available through Skype and video conferencing. * Fees do apply for local and out of state appearances.
* Discounts are available for Public Schools.
It’s no secret that school and library budgets are tight! To add value to our visit, we will donate 3 HARDBACK SIGNED COPIES of our book(s) to your school’s library.
We enjoyed your visit so very much. Thank you for all of your hard work, and for going over and beyond for us. I loved that you signed and gave your Power Point notes to Skylar. She just thought that was the coolest thing ever!! I so appreciate your time and the detail given to your presentation.
I wish you all the best, and I will be recommending you to teachers I know in other schools!
Pantego Christian Academy, 4th & 5th Grade
Thank you for spending time with us, Danielle. My class loved Gracie Lou and they are SO excited about the next one! Please come back and visit! Our students absolutely loved you!
G. Stroope, 3rd Grade
READY TO BOOK OR HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
Please contact us via our contact form on our website. Please select Schedule on the drop down form to expedite your request. We look forward to hearing from you. Response time should be no more than 24 to 48 hours.